Position: BOH Positions | Part Time | Customer Service
FLSA: Non-exempt | Reports To: BOH Manager
- One-year full service restaurant kitchen experience
- Availability to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- High school diploma or GED desired
- Training and certification in food handling sanitation procedures as required by local government
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read tickets, either in electronic or paper form that are processed through the POS system.
- Prepare items ordered through the POS system according to recipe book.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Rotate products according to FIFO (first in, first out) principle.
- Cover, label, date, and store prepared products.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene in compliance with local health ordinances.
- Clean work area, stores utensils, disassembles and cleans equipment.
- Will be exposed to a variety of hot spices (if sensitive to spicy food).
- May be required to function as prep cook handling live and raw seafood for use on the cook’s line.
BOH employees will be required to engage in the physical action for up to an eight-hour shift:
- BOH employees will be required to lift up to fifty pounds.
- He/she works under extreme time pressures to complete orders.
- Considerable dexterity is required.
- The boiler stations entail extended periods of work over open flames.
- The fryer station entails working with shortening heated to 350 or higher degrees Fahrenheit.
- BOH employees are exposed to heat, moisture, smoke and cleaning chemicals used in the kitchen area.
Employees and applicants of The Boiling Crab, LLC will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.