Position: Food Server | Support | Part Time | Operations
FLSA: Non-exempt | Reports To: Restaurant Manager
The Server is the primary provider of service to the guest during the meal. The Server processes order for food and beverage, delivers meals to the guest, checks back with the guests to ensure satisfaction and processes payment for meals. The Server is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and sanitary environment for the guests in their station and for restocking and setting up the restaurant to meet the needs of the guests.
- Six months to one-year previous serving experience in a full service restaurant
- Able to work in a team oriented atmosphere
- Able to learn and use POS system
- Must be a customer service/sales oriented individual
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the restaurant and server station for guests.
- Greets seated guests.
- Answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage orders.
- Writes orders on the guest checks.
- Processes orders through the POS terminal.
- Prepares all garnishes for menu items as well as condiments.
- Delivers drinks and food for the guest.
- Responds to guests’ requests and anticipates guests’ needs throughout the meal.
- Responds professionally to guests’ comments, complaints and questions.
- Keeps table clear of all finished food items on the guests table as well as generally pre-bussing when able without impacting negatively on the guests experience.
- Presents the guest’s food and beverage tab and processes payment.
- Offers a parting comment to departing guests.
- Abides by all applicable laws regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Follows all health, safety, sanitation and security standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Server must be well groomed and neatly dressed in compliance with company dress standards.
The Server works in the climate controlled environment of the dining rooms, but may be required to walk in and out of the kitchen resulting in exposure to heat and humidity. Servers may be working on the patio and will be exposed to varying weather conditions. The Server works with cleaning chemicals. The Server engages in extensive verbal interaction with guests and employees and is exposed to potentially frustrating situations. The Server must work well with limited supervision.